The Ontario Volleyball Association is proud to announce the 2018 Coaches Symposium in conjunction with the U Sports Men’s Volleyball National Championship at McMaster University on March 16-18, 2018.
The event will bring together coaches from across Ontario for a weekend of knowledge sharing around the ultimate celebration of Canadian volleyball. Here are just some of the features of the 2018 Coaches Symposium:
- Feature presenter Reed Maltbie from Changing The Game Project
- 12 on-court and classroom sessions with the best coaches in Ontario
- Tickets for the U Sports Nationals matches
- Hot seat interview with winning coaches
- Discounts for OVA clubs and athletes
- Grassroots clinic
- PD points for certified coaches
- An opportunity for two (2) coaches to win a clinic with Team Ontario coaches for their team
The general schedule of the weekend will be:
Friday March 16th, 2018.
AM: Grassroots clinic
PM: Youth clinic with Team Ontario coaches
Saturday March 17, 2018.
9am-5pm: On-court and classroom presentations
7h45pm: Hot seat with winning coach of 6pm match
Sunday March 18, 2018.
9am-12pm: On-court presentations
This year’s symposium will feature the following presenters:
- Reed Maltbie, Chief Content Officer and Lead Presenter for Changing The Game Project
- Keith Wasylik, OVA high performance mentor coach and senior NCCP Learning Facilitator
- Dan Lewis, Men's National Team Assistant Coach
- Melissa Bartlett*, Western University Women's Head Coach
- Matthew Harris, 2017 Canada Games Gold Medal Head Coach
- Shayne White, University of Waterloo Men’s Head Coach
- Jeff Millar, LVC 15U Girls Lead Coach
- Martin Reader, Beach Volleyball Olympian
- Dr. Gus Tsiapalis, Milton Edge
- Emily McCullogh & Alix Krahn, York University PhD candidates
- Marion Chlebana, former Head Coach & Club Director of Thunder Volleyball Texas
- Full-conference, Saturday-Sunday (includes match tickets for all three days)
- One-day option
- Youth Coach Option - all 18U or younger athletes interested in coaching can access the whole symposium for 1-day price of $105 + HST
- FREE PARENTS SESSION Saturday, March 17, 2018. 4:00PM – 5:00PM Reed Maltbie: It’s Time to Change the Game: How to Create an Athlete-Centered Youth Sport Environment
Region 1 - please contact Tony Curciarello
Region 2 - 50% of registration fee for coaches involved with regional programs
Region 3 - $50 reimbursement per coach after attending the clinic
Region 4 - 50% reimbursement per coach after attending the clinic for first 12 registered coaches
Region 5 - 50% reimbursement per coach after attending the clinic
Region 6 - TBD
Win a clinic for your team with Team Ontario coaches!
On Friday afternoon from 3pm to 5pm, two (2) teams will get a chance to receive a clinic with our Team Ontario coaches. All athletes from the teams will also receive tickets to the evening matches at 6pm and 8pm.
Coaches who register at the early bird rate before January 8th will have the option to enter their team to win one of the two (2) clinics. The draw will take place on January 8th and teams will be drawn until one boys and one girls team have been picked.*
*Winning teams are responsible for all costs related to their participation in the clinic including travel to McMaster University and parking.
For more information, please contact Kelvin Cheng firstname.lastname@example.org