The OVA Grand Slams represent the marquee events on the OVA Beach Tour calendar and brings together the top athletes in our sport.
Grand Slam events feature both an Adult and Youth Open division, as an opportunity for athletes to experience a tournament venue and structure similar to that of a Continental NORCECA tour. In addition to tournament format, what makes a Grand Slam event different from other Beach Tour events is that only the highest ranked teams in Ontario are invited to compete.
During the tournaments, a live announcer and DJ will be present to keep fans engaged and informed. Teams that qualify for semi-final and final medal matches get to compete on the centre court, surrounded by bleachers. The winners of the Adult division receive prize money of up to $15,000 per event! This means that the Grand Slam events will feature the highest quality beach volleyball that Ontario has to offer.
The Youth Grand Slam was created to provide younger beach athletes with an opportunity to experience what it feels like to be part of a major event. The event offers a unique opportunity for younger athletes to:
- Practice competition routines throughout a 2-day tournament (versus a 1-day tournament) with matches scheduled beforehand
- Practice managing their nutrition, hydration and warm-up time for multiple matches over 2 days
- Experience a live DJ and Centre Court announcer
- See Ontario athletes who compete on the NORCECA and FIVB tours compete in the Grand Slam Open Division
- Compete on Centre Court with grand stands during the Youth Grand Slam gold medal match
More information on the Grand Slam events can be found below or check out the Master Beach Tour Schedule.
To use this form, please follow these steps:
1) Open and then save the form on your computer
2) Complete the form
3) Save it again
4) Attach the file as an attachment to an email to submit
June 22 - 24 - Barrie, ON (Horseshoe Resort)
- OVA Grand Slam - Adult Elite (2-day competition *Qualification round on June 22 if necessary)